FIA WEC: The Legend Continues
When the FIA World Endurance Championship took to the tracks in March 2012, it marked the dawning of a new era in endurance racing. Just three seasons later, some of the world’s most prestigious and successful motor manufacturers including Aston Martin, Audi, Corvette, Ferrari, Nissan, Porsche and Toyota are participating in this most technically relevant of motorsport disciplines.
In 2015, teams representing these marques will be among the 35 entries battling it out for World Championship titles in front of an ever-growing audience of fans and followers. The WEC will race on four continents and continue to bring the ‘Spirit of Le Mans’ to motorsport fans in the UK, Belgium, Germany, USA, Japan, China and Bahrain. The cornerstone of the Championship, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, will once again be the third round and bring together the crème de la crème of international endurance racing for the greatest sportscar race in the world.
In 2014 the new LMP1 regulations for renewable energy were implemented and endurance racing is once again at the forefront of the technological research and development which goes into our road cars of tomorrow. The fact that 30% less fuel was used to achieve lap times that matched, or even surpassed, those of 2013 demonstrates what can be achieved through relevant motorsport.
Image: WEC 6H of Spa-Francorchamps 2014
Beyond the manufacturer teams and professional drivers in the LMP1 category, the competition in LMP2 and the GTE categories is sure to once again be fierce. The LMP2 class will benefit from the presence of a number of new, high-level entrants, while in the GTE category Aston Martin and Porsche will be determined to challenge three-time GT World Champions, Ferrari. Endurance Racing is nothing without the private teams and gentlemen drivers who race in some of these categories, and their participation adds to the challenge, excitement and spirit of the discipline.
With one new venue, the legendary Nürburgring in Germany, new teams, new drivers and the prospect of even closer competition, 2015 will see another thrilling World Endurance Championship season. Welcome to our world!
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : Royaume UniDate : 12/04/2015All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiqueDate : 02/05/2015All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 13/06/2015All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry : AllemagneDate : 30/08/2015All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : Etats-UnisDate : 19/09/2015All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JaponDate : 11/10/2015All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChineDate : 01/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahreinDate : 21/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website