13.10.2017 - 06h30
6 Hours of Fuji: The headlines from Free Practice 1
Porsche led the way for the start of track action for the 7th round of the WEC at Fuji Speedway in Japan.
- Wet weather challenges teams and drivers in first Free Practice at Fuji Speedway
- Porsche make most of sticking with high-downforce spec cars in full wet conditions
- André Lotterer sets the pace with a 1m35.527s lap after one hour's running of the 90-minute session in the No.1 Porsche 919 Hybrid
- Earl Bamber in No.2 Porsche 919 Hybrid sets second best lap of 1m35.660s earlier on in session
- No.2 Porsche survives spin at Turn One after contact with Clearwater Ferrari of Weng Sun Mok. Both cars continue.
- Toyota Gazoo Racing hoping for home advantage as Porsche closes in on titles
- No.7 Toyota TS 050 Hybrid places third ahead of sister #8 car
- Alex Brundle takes No.37 Jackie Chan DC Racing car to top of LMP2 timing screens with a 1m42.735s effort
- TDS Racing Oreca-Gibson is second as early time is set by Matthieu Vaxiviere. His team mate Emmanuel Collard survives spin at Turn One.
- The second of the Jackie Chan DC Racing cars driven by points standing leaders Ho-Pin Tung, Oliver Jarvis and Thomas Laurent is third
- LMGTE Pro sees Porsche place 1-2 with Michael Christensen top of the pile in the No.92 911 RSR he shares with Kevin Estre
- Dane sets a 1m47.365 to lead No.91 works Porsche of Frederic Makowiecki and Richard Lietz by 0.2s
- AF Corse Ferrari third as No.71 488 GTE car laps less than 0.1s adrift of second placed Porsche
- COTA winning Ferrari 488 GTE of James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi is fourth. Pier Guidi has lurid spin at final corner but continues.
- Miguel Molina runs out fastest in LMGTE Am with a 1m47.665s best in Spirit of Race Ferrari
- Clearwater Ferrari second as Matt Griffin achieves a best lap of 1m48.246s
- Two Full Course Yellow periods to retrieve debris on track during the 90-minute session