A Word from...Audi's Allan McNish
30/06/2013 - 22h34
Photo : JEAN MICHEL LE MEUR - DPPI
Audi's Allan McNish talks here about the significance of his third Le Mans victory and the challenges ahead for the remainder of the FIA World Endurance Championship season.
You celebrated your third victory at Le Mans. How important is this victory in the long list of wins on your list?
Obviously, every race win is great. However, victories at Le Mans are always something extra special. This race is simply unique. I also noticed this when I was in the Formula 1 paddock at Silverstone on Friday. Really, everybody spoke to me about this race. The actual win itself will remain in my memory for years to come because it was possibly the most difficult race in my career due to the constantly changing weather and the ever-changing track conditions.
Did you expect this win after the good results in the first two WEC races this season?
It was certainly an advantage that we didn’t start with a new development this year, but in fact an evolution of a race-winning car. However, at such an endurance race you can never expect to win. So many unforeseen things can happen. Because of this, I was only really sure we would win when Tom (Kristensen) actually crossed the finish line.
You lead the WEC drivers’ standings together with your team mates Tom Kristensen and Loïc Duval. A defining moment in the title battle?
Definitely not! The circuit at Le Mans is unique in the WEC race calendar due to its special nature. We still have another five tough races ahead of us. The disadvantage of the lower fuel capacity in our R18 compared to the Toyota will certainly have a greater effect in these races than it did at Le Mans. So, it’s never over until it’s over. We have to keep working hard and push in the races. It goes without saying that our big goal is also to finish the final race of the season as World Championship leaders. We’ll do everything to achieve this.
With thanks to Audi Motorsport
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : EnglandDate : 20/04/2014All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 03/05/2014All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 14/06/2014All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 20/09/2014All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 12/10/2014All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 02/11/2014All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 15/11/2014All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Sao Paulo6 Hours of Sao PauloCountry : BrazilDate : 30/11/2014All informations about 6 Hours of Sao PauloCircuit’s website