All Classes to Have Driver Trophies in 2013 with GTE Drivers fighting for a World Title
12/10/2012 - 07h44
Photo : CLEMENT MARIN -
Following a recommendation made by the FIA World Endurance Commission, which was acting on a proposal made by the ACO, the promoter of the World Endurance Championship, the FIA World Motor Sports Council have confirmed that from next season a title will be award - the FIA World Cup for LMGTE Drivers. In addition there will be FIA Endurance Trophies awarded for LMP2 and LMGTE Am Driver Championships.
This new title will be in addition to the existing FIA World Cup for LMGTE Manufacturers, which has been won by Ferrari in 2012, the FIA Endurance Trophy for LMGTE Pro teams, which was secured by AF Corse in Bahrain two weeks ago, and the FIA Endurance Trophy for LMGTE Am teams, which is still very much open with two races of the season remaining.
The new World Cup will be available to all GTE drivers in both Pro and Am classes and points will be scored, using the standard FIA world championship points scoring system, depending where they finish in the combined GTE class.
LMP2 and LMGTE Am drivers will also have their own championships next season with FIA Endurance Trophies being awarded to the top drivers in each class at the end of the 2013 season.
Pierre Fillon, President of the ACO, said: “Next year we will see all drivers battling for a title. While the teams and manufacturers have been recognised this season, the only title that was available for the drivers was the overall world championship. Therefore the ACOproposed to the FIA Endurance Commission which recommended to the FIA World Motor Sports Council that a new World Cup for LMGTE Drivers and Endurance Trophies for LMP2 and LMGTE Am were established for the 2013 season. This will give these important classes a new challenge and we are sure we will see more interest in taking part the FIA WEC next season as a result.”
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : Royaume UniDate : 12/04/2015All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiqueDate : 02/05/2015All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 13/06/2015All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry : AllemagneDate : 30/08/2015All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : Etats-UnisDate : 19/09/2015All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JaponDate : 11/10/2015All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChineDate : 01/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahreinDate : 21/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website