BR and Dallara join forces for new LMP1 car
17/11/2016 - 17h05
A new contender in LMP1 will race in the 2018 FIA World Endurance Championship it has been revealed today.
The Russian BR Engineering company, which was behind the BR01 LMP2 car which has raced over the last two seasons, will enter the LMP1 class as its own manufacturer after announcing an exciting new partnership with Dallara.
Boris Rotenberg, President of BR Engineering, and Andrea Pontremoli, CEO of Dallara, signed a collaboration agreement recently to confirm the new alliance. Development and operational support will be handled by renowned French squad – ART Grand Prix.
"We raised a challenge to ourselves," said Boris Rotenberg. "It was possible to buy a chassis of one of the four manufacturers of LMP2 for a season, it was also possible to leave for good, but we have always chosen our own path.
“Dallara’s name is known to anyone who is familiar with motor racing. Now we have become partners, and BR Engineering's new project has started here in Italy where the best designers and engineers, both from Russia and from Europe, will create a Russian prototype for Russian team SMP Racing."
Image with thanks to BR Engineering
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : United KingdomDate : 16/04/2017All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteTicket
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 06/05/2017All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 24 Hours of Le Mans24 Hours of Le MansCountry : FranceDate : 17/06/2017All informations about 24 Hours of Le MansCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Nurburgring6 Hours of NurburgringCountry : GermanyDate : 16/07/2017All informations about 6 Hours of NurburgringCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Mexico6 Hours of MexicoCountry : MexicoDate : 03/09/2017All informations about 6 Hours of MexicoCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Austin6 Hours of AustinCountry : United StatesDate : 16/09/2017All informations about 6 Hours of AustinCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 15/10/2017All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 05/11/2017All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 18/11/2017All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website