Canal and Heinemeier Hansson join Rebellion Racing
10/01/2017 - 11h26
Rebellion Racing has announced that Julien Canal and David Heinemeier Hansson will join the team for 2017 alongside Nicolas Prost, Mathias Beche, Nelson Piquet Jr and Bruno Senna. The team has applied for two entries in the coming FIA World Endurance Championship season.
With the high level of competition in LMP2 in the FIA World Endurance Championship and Le Mans 24 Hours, the choice of the mandatory « Silver » categorised drivers is a strategic one.
Julien Canal has strong experience in the FIA WEC and at Le Mans 24 Hours having made seven starts at the famous endurance race. Julien won the WEC LMGTE Am title in 2012 (Corvette) and the WEC LMP2 championship in 2015, and was runner-up in 2014. At the Le Mans 24 Hours, Julien has won three times in the GT classes (GT1 and GTE) and secured a podium finish in LMP2 in 2015.
David Heinemeier Hansson has also been a regular of the FIA WEC for the last four years. David finished the 2013 season in second place in the LMP2 drivers classification, won the LMGTE Am Championship with Aston Martin in 2014 and finished runner-up in 2016 in the same class with Porsche. At the Le Mans 24 Hours, David won the LMGTE Am class in 2014 with Aston Martin, secured a second place finish in LMP2 in 2013 and an additional podium in LMGTE Am in 2016 with Porsche.
Information from Rebellion Racing
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : United KingdomDate : 16/04/2017All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteTicket
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 06/05/2017All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 24 Hours of Le Mans24 Hours of Le MansCountry : FranceDate : 17/06/2017All informations about 24 Hours of Le MansCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Nurburgring6 Hours of NurburgringCountry : GermanyDate : 16/07/2017All informations about 6 Hours of NurburgringCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Mexico6 Hours of MexicoCountry : MexicoDate : 03/09/2017All informations about 6 Hours of MexicoCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Austin6 Hours of AustinCountry : United StatesDate : 16/09/2017All informations about 6 Hours of AustinCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 15/10/2017All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 05/11/2017All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 18/11/2017All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website