FIA WEC broadcast coverage to reach more than 300 million homes
11/04/2013 - 22h34
Photo : JEAN MICHEL LE MEUR - DPPI
A superb TV distribution package has been organised for the opening round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, the 6 Hours of Silverstone, with more than 300 million homes globally being able to access the best sports car racing in the world.
The figure is more than four times the number of homes who were able to view prestige manufacturers go head-to-head in 2012, and Audi, Toyota, Aston Martin, Ferrari and Porsche will be among the 31 cars due to take up the battle once again in the six-hour event to be held on Sunday at the home of British motor racing, Silverstone in Northamptonshire.
In Europe the race will be shown live for the final hour by Eurosport International while Eurosport 2 will broadcast live racing from 13h00 to 13h30 and again from 14h30 to 15h30, with a potential reach of 123 million homes. Additionally, the race will be shown live in its entirety by Motors TV potentially reaching 21 million viewers in Europe and by Sport 5 in the Czech Republic/Slovakia. The 52 minutes magazine programme will be broadcast by TV2 in Denmark and on ORF in Austria. RTBF in Belgium will take news highlights from the event.
Gérard Neveu, CEO of the FIA World Endurance Championship commented: “We are very happy to announce that, with the live TV coverage this weekend and the highlights to be shown next week, there will be over 300 million homes which will be able to see the event. It’s four times more than this time last year, and we are working every day to increase and improve the TV coverage for better global FIA WEC visibility.”
In the Asia Pacific area, Eurosport’s 13 territories will show the race live or live and delayed to its 5.5 million viewers, while True Visions in Thailand, Fox Sports in Australia will also broadcast highlights. J Sports in Japan (7.8 million) will satisfy the huge interest in fans of Toyota as well as those of engine suppliers Nissan and Honda, by showing the event live and follow it with a highlights package.
SPEED channel in the USA will offer the opportunity to view superb racing, world-class names and non-stop track action to its 77 million potential viewers via a one hour highlights programme.
In addition to the TV coverage, the race can be followed live and direct through the websites of the FIA WEC (www.fiawec.com), Le Mans TV (www.lemans-tv.com) and on the internationally well-known endurance racing radioweb service, Radio Le Mans (www.radiolemans.com). News access will also be available on SNTV worldwide, Mobil 1 The Grid and to the 1.13 million viewers per month on Men’s Up TV in France.
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : United KingdomDate : 12/04/2015All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 02/05/2015All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 13/06/2015All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry : GermanyDate : 30/08/2015All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 19/09/2015All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 11/10/2015All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 01/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 21/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s websiteTicket