FIA World Motor Sport Council Confirms 2014 Calendar
05/12/2013 - 15h32
Yesterday the FIA World Motor Sport Council met in Paris and approved the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship calendar with some modifications from the provisional schedule previously announced.
With the date for the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka finally being confirmed as the 5 October, the 6 Hours of Fuji, which is Round 6 of the 2014 FIA WEC, will now take place on the 12 October, one week after the F1 event in Japan.
In addition the 6 Hours of Shanghai will become a three day event and this means Round 7 of the FIA WEC will now take place on Sunday 2 November.
2014 FIA World Endurance Championship Calendar
|Official Test Le Castellet||FRA||28-29 March|
|24 Heures du Mans Test||FRA||01 June|
|24 Heures du Mans||FRA||14/15 June|
|Sao Paulo**||BRA||29-31 August|
|Circuit of the Americas **||USA||18-20 September|
|Shanghai||CHN||31 Oct - 2 November|
** To be confirmed
There were other decisions confirmed by the FIA World Motor Sport Council and these were -
1. Following the adoption of the 2014 LMP1 technical regulations, a system of “Equivalence of Technology (EoT)” between the LMP1 technologies will be implemented. Two periods of adjustment of the technical parameters have been set in place. A first transitional period of adjustment will run until the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours.
During this period, the manufacturers will be asked to send data to the FIA (in December 2013 and February 2014) projecting what they will be capable of implementing during the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours. During a second period, after the first three events following the 2014 Le Mans, the data will be measured again and adjusted for one year, until the 2015 Le Mans event.
The EoT rules and system of penalties in case of infringement will be managed by the Endurance Committee.
2. The sporting regulations will be amended in order to incorporate any modifications resulting from the introduction of the new LMP1 technical regulations, such as a new scale of penalties in order to introduce penalties which are consistent and graded to the severity of the technical infringement.
3. A new FIA Endurance Trophy has been created and will be awarded to the best private LMP1 team driver(s), assuming at least three cars are entered for the season.
ACO and GT representatives will form a collaboration from 2014 to harmonise the categorisation of GT drivers in both the WEC and GT Series.
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : United KingdomDate : 17/04/2016All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 07/05/2016All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Hours of Le Mans24 Hours of Le MansCountry : FranceDate : 18/06/2016All informations about 24 Hours of Le MansCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry : GermanyDate : 24/07/2016All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Mexico6 Hours of MexicoCountry : MexicoDate : 03/09/2016All informations about 6 Hours of MexicoCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas6 Hours of Circuit of The AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 17/09/2016All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of The AmericasCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 16/10/2016All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 06/11/2016All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 19/11/2016All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website