Porsche Announces LMP1 sports prototype to be run by Weissach-based works team
09/12/2012 - 17h07
At the weekend, during their 'Night of Champions' celebration, Porsche announced the next phase of their LMP1 project which will see the new car take to the track in 2013.
At the Weissach Motorsport Centre, preparations for the running of the new LMP1 sports prototype at the Le Mans 24 Hours and in the sports car World Endurance Championship are progressing at high revs. For this feat the infrastructure was considerably expanded. A new workshop building and an office complex have been completed.
“The first rollout of our new LMP1 car is planned for mid-2013,” announced Wolfgang Hatz, Porsche AG Board of Management Member for Research and Development, on Saturday on the occasion of the end of season “Night of Champions” celebration. “The car will be run by our own works team based here at Weissach.”
Following a re-structuring, the LMP1 project is realised by a new department headed by Fritz Enzinger. With his well established organisational structure, Porsche’s Head of Motorsport Hartmut Kristen continues to be responsibility for all other motorsport programmes worldwide.
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : EnglandDate : 14/04/2013All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps WEC6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps WECCountry : BelgiumDate : 04/05/2013All informations about 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps WECCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 22/06/2013All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Sao Paulo6 Hours of Sao PauloCountry : BrazilDate : 01/09/2013All informations about 6 Hours of Sao PauloCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 22/09/2013All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 20/10/2013All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 10/11/2013All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 30/11/2013All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s websiteTicket