Porsche to enter two cars in 2013 championship
30/11/2012 - 15h54
Porsche AG in Stuttgart announced today the great news that they will be entering two 'works' LMGTE-Pro cars in the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship which, of course, includes the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The two new GT racecars will be based on the newest generation of the Porsche 911 and it will be the first time since its overall victory in 1998 that a factory team from Porsche will tackle the famed endurance classic in France.
The two new Porsche 911 RSRs will be run by Porsche AG Team Manthey. The role of team manager goes to the experienced endurance specialist Olaf Manthey, who has celebrated five overall wins with Porsche at the Nürburgring 24 hour race and recently fielded a 911 GT3 RSR in the International GT Open.
“The new 911 RSR is currently being developed by our engineers and tested by our works drivers,” says Porsche Head of Motorsport, Hartmut Kristen. “What better time could there be to introduce the new car than the Porsche 911’s 50th anniversary.”
Fiona Miller (quote and details from Porsche AG press release)
Photo: A Porsche 911 RSR at the 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans (copyright Porsche AG)
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : EnglandDate : 14/04/2013All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps WEC6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps WECCountry : BelgiumDate : 04/05/2013All informations about 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps WECCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 22/06/2013All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Sao Paulo6 Hours of Sao PauloCountry : BrazilDate : 01/09/2013All informations about 6 Hours of Sao PauloCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 22/09/2013All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 20/10/2013All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 10/11/2013All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 30/11/2013All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s websiteTicket