Shinji Nakano to join ADR-Delta for Far Eastern races
28/09/2012 - 18h23
Hot on the heels of OAK Racing’s announcement about Takumo Sato, ADR-Delta has released the news that Japanese driver Shinji Nakano will join the team for the last two rounds of the FIA World Endurance Championship, beginning with the 6 Hours of Fuji.
Shinji, 41, a former Grand Prix driver with the Prost and Minardi teams, will bring a huge wealth of experience to the ADR-Delta team where he will race alongside the team’s regular drivers John Martin of Australia and Thai Tor Graves.
Shinji has plenty of sports prototype experience, and has contested the 24 Hours of Le Mans on six occasions, first driving in the French classic in 2005 and most recently this year in the LMP2 class.
Simon Dowson, Team Manager, ADR-Delta: “We are very pleased to welcome Shinji to ADR-Delta and we are really looking forward to working with him. We are proud that we will have a Japanese driver in our car for the 6 Hours of Fuji where we will be looking for a very good result with our Oreca 03-Nissan.”
Alan Docking, Team Principal: “Shinji is a very experienced driver and has driven at the highest level in F1 and IndyCar. He also has a good record in sports prototypes and we are all very much looking forward to working with him.”
Fiona Miller (quotes from team press release)
Photo: Shinji Nakano will be joining the ADR-Delta team for the 6 Hours of Fuji.
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : United KingdomDate : 17/04/2016All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 07/05/2016All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteResults
- 24 Hours of Le Mans24 Hours of Le MansCountry : FranceDate : 18/06/2016All informations about 24 Hours of Le MansCircuit’s websiteResults
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry : GermanyDate : 24/07/2016All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Mexico6 Hours of MexicoCountry : MexicoDate : 03/09/2016All informations about 6 Hours of MexicoCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas6 Hours of Circuit of The AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 17/09/2016All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of The AmericasCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 16/10/2016All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 06/11/2016All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 19/11/2016All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website