The 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours - Vote for the legend!
03/12/2012 - 18h29
In 2013, the Le Mans 24 Hours will celebrate their 90th anniversary. This is a very important year in the rich history of the greatest endurance race in the world, and it will be commemorated throughout the whole of next year by numerous events, starting with the election of the most prestigious cars in the event’s history for which the ACO is putting up prizes worth 6 855 Euros.
Surfers, fans, followers, in fact all motor sport enthusiasts will be the first to be concerned. The aim of this major consultation is to elect decade by decade the cars that best embody the legend.
Whether they won, put on stunning performances or hit the headlines, the machines in question are those that have written the history of the race.
Three cars per decade are the subject of the poll and each voter must choose one per decade from the list below. Closing date for votes: 15th January 2013.
It’s as easy as falling off a log! Join the Le Mans 24-Hours Facebook fans community (24 Heures du Mans-ACO Officiel) "election" tab or go to the dedicated page on lemans.org and then follow the instructions.
After this poll, a jury made up of ten specialists including drivers, historians, team managers, representatives from the world of culture and journalists will meet in February 2013 to finalize this election – the votes of the public will count as one vote.
The thirty cars polled from all four corners of the world, including the ten that best embody the spirit of the Le Mans 24 Hours, will go on show in a major exhibition in the second quarter of 2013. They will also be involved in several prestigious operations before the start of the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours on 22-23 June.
To thank the voters a large number of prestigious prizes will be awarded: pitwalk passes, complete collections of the 24-Hours Yearbook, entry tickets, track baptisms, clothes from the ACO Collections, etc.
To win one of the ten prizes you must nominate the ten cars selected after the final vote: a draw to select the winners will be held under the control of a bailiff, Maître Degan in Le Mans.
Total value (6 855 euros)
Winner: prizes with a value of 3 570 Euros
Two pitwalk passes for the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours plus the complete collection of the Le Mans 24-Hours Yearbooks from 1978 to 2012 plus the book of the Le Mans 24 Hours 1961-1973, as well as the 2-volume set celebrating the centenary of the ACO, and two invitations for the exhibition whose theme will be the winning cars.
2nd prize (worth 818 Euros)
A pitwalk pass for the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours plus a track baptism on board a Pescarolo prototype, plus an Alain Figaret Le Mans 24-Hours shirt and two invitations for the exhibition whose theme will be the winning cars.
3rd prize (worth 758 Euros)
A pitwalk pass for the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours plus a track baptism on board a PSDS Porsche on the Bugatti circuit, plus an Alain Figaret Le Mans 24-Hours shirt and two invitations for the exhibition whose theme will be the winning cars.
4th prize (worth 644 Euros)
Two general enclosure tickets, an Alain Figaret Le Mans 24-Hours ensemble (shirt/cap) plus a JRM bag and two invitations for the exhibition whose theme will be the winning cars.
5th prize (worth 235 Euros)
Two general enclosure tickets plus the 2012 Yearbook and DVD of the race, and two invitations for the exhibition whose theme will be the winning cars.
6th-10th prizes (166 Euros each ensemble)
Two general enclosure tickets for the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours plus two invitations for the exhibition whose theme will be the winning cars.
List of cars subjected to the vote
(Type of car, year of participation in the Le Mans 24 Hours)
- Chenard & Walcker Sport 1923
- Lorraine Dietrich B3-6 1925
- Bentley Speed Six 1930
- Alfa Romeo 8C 1933
- Bugatti 57 G 1937
- Delahaye 135 S 1938
- Ferrari 166 MM 1949
- Simca Gordini 1949
- Delage D6 S 1949
- Mercedes 300 SL 1952
- Jaguar D 1957
- Aston Martin DBR 1 1959
- Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa 1960
- Ford GT 40 1969
- Porsche 908 1969
- Porsche 917 K 1971
- Matra Simca MS 670 1974
- Renault Alpine A 442 b 1978
- Rondeau M379 1980
- Porsche 956 1982
- Jaguar XJR 9 LM 1988
- Mazda 787 B 1991
- Peugeot 905 1992
- BMW V12 LMR 1999
- Bentley EXP Speed 8 2003
- Audi R10 TDI 2006
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 2009
- Audi R18 TDI 2011
- Nissan DeltaWing 2012
- Audi e-tron quattro 2012
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : EnglandDate : 12/04/2015All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteTicket
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiumDate : 02/05/2015All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 13/06/2015All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry :Date : 30/08/2015All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : United StatesDate : 19/09/2015All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JapanDate : 11/10/2015All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChinaDate : 01/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahrainDate : 21/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website