Worldwide TV Coverage of WEC’s Texas Extravaganza
10/09/2013 - 22h36
Photo : JEAN MICHEL LE MEUR -
Following the dramas and exciting track action at the 6 Hours of São Paulo, the FIA World Endurance Championship now heads north to the USA and the stunning Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas. The fifth round of the 2013 season forms part of a superb International Sportscar Weekend, with the American Le Mans Series also billed alongside the FIA WEC.
There is a week full of racing and entertainment planned for fans, with the 6 Hours of The Circuit of The Americas taking place from 11:00 – 17:00 hours local (18:00-midnight CET) on Sunday, 22nd September.
While this is a weekend of racing not to be missed, fans who are unable to be in Texas will be able to follow all the racing through various media. In the USA Fox Sports 1, which has a reach of 90 million potential viewers, will be showing a 52-minute highlights show to be broadcast on 20th October. In Latin America, Fox LATAM will show the same highlights package, while Brazil will keep the momentum of international sportscar racing going by broadcasting the first and last hours of the race LIVE on Sport TV.
Eurosport International and Eurosport 2 will broadcast Europe-wide with live coverage for the majority of the 6 Hours of the Circuit of the Americas and also show a delayed 26 minute highlights show, while Motors TV in Europe will air the race LIVE and direct in its entirety.
Broadcast start times are yet to be announced. Eurosport Asia/Pacific has the same live/delayed highlights package on offer. Several European countries such as Belgium (live streaming link via YouTube on RTBF), Czech Republic and Slovakia (Sport 5), Portugal (Sport TV) and Spain (Canal + Deportes and Sportmania) are also showing the race live as well as subsequent highlight shows.
With the series moving to the Far East for the sixth and seventh rounds, J-Sports in Japan will be showing the highlights programme no fewer than eight times over the next few weeks, the same that will also be aired in Australia, New Zealand and Thailand.
Fans from other countries will be able to follow qualifying plus the whole race direct from the FIA World Endurance Championship website (www.fiawec.com) and on the ACO’s site (www.lemans-tv.com), in addition to English-language radio commentary available via www.radiolemans.com.
The whole broadcast schedule can be found here.
- 6 Hours of Silverstone6 Hours of SilverstoneCountry : Royaume UniDate : 12/04/2015All informations about 6 Hours of SilverstoneCircuit’s websiteResults
- WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsWEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCountry : BelgiqueDate : 02/05/2015All informations about WEC 6 Hours of Spa-FrancorchampsCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 24 Heures du Mans24 Heures du MansCountry : FranceDate : 13/06/2015All informations about 24 Heures du MansCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Nürburgring6 Hours of NürburgringCountry : AllemagneDate : 30/08/2015All informations about 6 Hours of NürburgringCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCountry : Etats-UnisDate : 19/09/2015All informations about 6 Hours of Circuit of the AmericasCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Fuji6 Hours of FujiCountry : JaponDate : 11/10/2015All informations about 6 Hours of FujiCircuit’s websiteTicket
- 6 Hours of Shanghai6 Hours of ShanghaiCountry : ChineDate : 01/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of ShanghaiCircuit’s website
- 6 Hours of Bahrain6 Hours of BahrainCountry : BahreinDate : 21/11/2015All informations about 6 Hours of BahrainCircuit’s website