Super Season Stat-Check!
The story so far of the WEC Super Season...in terms of statistics, thanks to our own Sam Smith.
• While WEC debutant Fernando Alonso, the 2005 and 2006 F1 World Champion, has enjoyed a successful move into sports car racing there are plenty of other first time winners to celebrate this season.
• Also taking their first win in 2018 have been…
Julien Andlauer, Le Mans, LMGTE Am
Matt Campbell, Le Mans, LMGTE Am
Kevin Estre, Le Mans, LMGTE Pro
Billy Johnson, Spa, LMGTE Pro
Laurens Vanthoor, Le Mans, LMGTE Pro
• Toyota as a marque and as a team has now surpassed Audi for the most overall victories.
• The Japanese manufacturer claimed its 18th victory at Le Mans in June. Its first win came at the 6 Hours of Interlagos in 2012 when Alex Wurz and Nicolas Lapierre took the maiden win.
• Dempsey-Proton’s Matt Campbell in GTE AM at Spa has also recorded his first (class) pole.
• The fastest lap set by Mike Conway at Spa in the Toyota TS050 was the quickest WEC fast lap outside of Le Mans, speed of 214.694 km/h!