Davidson fastest for Toyota in final Free Practice session
Toyota continued to control the pace at the front of the field in the third and final Free Practice session at Silverstone this morning.
Anthony Davidson set the best time as teams largely concentrated on long runs to perfect race set-up for the 6 Hours of Silverstone tomorrow afternoon.
The reigning champion Porsche 919 Hybrid driven by Neel Jani had initially set the fastest time but Davidson’s late session best was 0.7s faster.
The Headlines from FP3...
- Anthony Davidson laps in 1m39.476s to claim P1 in #8 Toyota TS 050 HYBRID
- British driver beats early session best set by Neel Jani in #1 Porsche 919 HYBRID
- #2 Porsche 919 Hybrid places third ahead of #8 Toyota TS 050
- Matthieu Vaxiviere inspired lap of 1m44.105s takes best LMP2 time for TDS Racing ORECA-Gibson
- Vaxiviere’s time is 0.3s faster than Pierre Thiret’s G-Drive Racing best
- Jackie Chan DC Racing sit third as Thomas Laurent sets 1m45.344s lap
- Andy Priaulx sets best lap in highly competitive LMGTE Pro category in #67 Ford GT. He claims a 1m56.233s best
- Ford claim 1-2 as Stefan Mucke claims fastest time in #66 Ford GT on 1m56.628s
- Ferrari return to top three as #51 AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTE of James Calado sets third best time
- Pedro Lamy sets best time in LMGTE Am for Aston Martin Racing on 1m58.691s
- Session ends in drama though as Dalla Lana is hit by Jose-Maria Lopez in #7 Toyota. Aston suffers damage to front left wheel
- Lopez reported to stewards for incident
- Clearwater Racing place second as they continue to prepare for WEC debut with their #61 Ferrari 488 GTE. Matt Griffin sets best time 0.3 s off the Aston fastest
- Qualifying scheduled to start at 13.00 local time