The 24 Hours of Le Mans reserve list is revealed
The provisional entry list for the 89th 24 Hours of Le Mans (21-22 August 2021) comprises 62 teams and four reserve entries. Here are the teams who will be invited to compete if one of the 62 pulls out.
There are four teams on the 2021 24 Hours of Le Mans reserve list – one in the LMP2 class and three in LMGTE Am. They will be called in as replacements in the order shown. The fact that this list exists proves that, even in these complicated times, racing outfits are keen to compete at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The reserve list, in the order they will be called up if another team withdraws:
1. #62 – LMGTE Am – AF CORSE – ITA – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO – Christophe Ulrich/Simon Mann/Sergei Sirotkin
2. #27 – LMP2 – ALGARVE PRO RACING – PRT – Oreca 07-Gibson – Mark Patterson/Naveen Rao
3. #59 – LMGTE Am – GARAGE 59 – GBR – Aston Martin Vantage AMR – Alexander West
4. #61 – LMGTE Am – AF CORSE – ITA – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO – Francesco Piovanetti
The list is drawn up according to the following criteria:
• The competitor’s technical and sporting quality
• The interest for fans and media
• Commitment and loyalty to ACO series (e.g. the Asian Le Mans Series, European Le Mans Series, etc.).
Don't forget – the 89th 24 Hours of Le Mans, to be held on 21-22 August, is the third of the six rounds that make up the 2021 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) season.