6H Fuji FP3: Toyota No.8 quickest; Porsche maintain position in GTE
The third and final Free Practice session for the FIA WEC 6 Hours of Fuji took place with the sun shining down on Fuji Speedway. The main FP3 headlines can be found below.
• No. 8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid on top for third practice session in a row with Brendon Hartley setting a benchmark time of 1:25.621 early in the session
• New Zealand driver eclipses team-mate Kazuki Nakajima’s best time from FP2 by a mere 0.002s
• Sister No. 7 car second quickest with Kamui Koybashi at the wheel when the Japanese driver set a time of 1:25.827
• Rebellion Racing third as Gustavo Menezes clocks a time of 1:26.172 – nearly one second faster than the No. 6 Team LNT Ginetta
• Porsche continue to set the pace in the class, with lap times dropping as car set ups and strategies are finalised ahead of qualifying.
• Gimmi Bruni in the No.91 Porsche 911 RSR-19 headed the LMGTE Pro times with a time of 1:37.501 ahead of the No.95 Aston Martin Vantage of Nicki Thiim in second place.
• In third was the second Aston Martin LMGTE Pro entry, the No.97’s best time being a 1:38.109.
— WEC (@FIAWEC) October 5, 2019
• Racing Team Nederland’s Nyck De Vries set the pace out of the eight LMP2 crews as the Dutch driver posted a time of 1:29.008 half-way through the session
• De Vries’ time proved fastest out of any of the laps posted during the three practice sessions, nearly half a second faster than Anthony Davidson’s fastest time in FP2
• JOTA was second quickest as Davidson set a time of 1:29.457 in the Oreca 07
• Cool Racing was third with Frenchman Nicolas Lapierre clocking 1:29.987
• In LMGTE Am Porsche and Ferrari leapt ahead of Aston Martin, with Dempsey Proton Racing heading the times.
• The No.77 Porsche 911 RSR of Matt Campbell recorded a best lap time of 1:37.807, two tenths of a second ahead of the No.83 AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTE.
• Third and fourth in class were the two Team Project 1 Porsches, the No.56 ahead of the sister No.57 car.
Qualifying will take place this afternoon from 13h10 local time.