Bahrain FP1: Hanley leads for Team LNT; Porsche 1-2 in LMGTE Pro
Below are the headlines from the first free practice session here at the Bahrain International Circuit.
- Ben Hanley achieves fastest time for Team LNT as British ace sets best lap of 1m44.791 in No.5 Ginetta G60-LT-P1-AER
- A transmission issue limits laps for No.5 car, however, which completes just 11 laps during the 90-minute session
- Shanghai victors Rebellion Racing place second but are 2.1s behind Hanley’s best effort
- Toyota-Gazoo Racing place third and fourth as No.8 TS050 HYBRID heads No 7 sister car
- No.6 Team LNT Ginetta also encounters technical problems in first session and is limited to just 15 laps
- Porsche GT team 1-2 in LMGTE Pro as Gimmi Bruni’s early session best lap of 1m57.388s is good enough to lead the class in No.91 911 RSR
- AF Corse Ferrari third and fourth as No.71 entry leads No.51 stablemate
- LMP2 sees United Autosports top the timing screens as Paul di Resta peaks on a 1m48.273s lap
- Di Resta’s quickest time just shades the Cool Racing Oreca-Gibson’s best by 0.022s, while category leaders Racing Team Nederland lie third fastest
- LMGTE Am is led by Fuji and Shanghai winners TF Sport with Jonny Adam setting class best on 1m58.803s
- Adam’s time just eclipses the No.88 Dempsey-Proton Porsche by a mere 0.022s
- No.57 Team Project 1 Porsche entry places third as Jereon Bleekemolen sets fastest time
Latest times can be found HERE.
Free Practice 2 is scheduled to begin at 18h30 local time.