Ferrari and Aston Martin Front Row Lockouts in LMGTE Qualifying in China
The AF Corse Ferrari 458s took a 1-2 in LMGTE Pro qualifying for the 6 Hours of Shanghai with reigning World Champions Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander taking their second pole position of 2015 in the no51 Ferrari, 0.265s ahead of teammates James Calado and Davide Rigon in the no71 F458.
The no99 Aston Martin Racing Vantage of Alex MacDowall and Fernando Rees will start from row 2 after being bumped from the front row by just 0.032s at the end of the 20-minute session.
The two Porsche Team Manthey 911s will start in 4th and 5th places on the grid with the no92 Porsche of Fred Makowiecki and Patrick Pilet finishing ahead of the no91 sister car of championship leader Richard Lietz and Michael Christensen. The no97 Aston Martin Racing Vantage of Johnny Adams and Darren Turner finished 6th, 1.15 seconds adrift of the pole position holders at the front of the grid.
LMGTE Am Qualifying
There were lots of smiles in the Aston Martin Racing garage as the no98 Vantage of Paul Dalla Lana took the chequered flag to move to the head of the LMGTE Am time sheets, scoring their fourth pole position of the 2015 season after an earlier good first run by Pedro Lamy. The Canadian’s last gasp effort pushed their teammates in the no96 Vantage, Stuart Hall and Liam Griffin, down into second place by just 0.130s and securing an all Aston Martin front row for tomorrow’s 6 Hours of Shanghai.
The n50 Larbre Competition Chevrolet Corvette of Gianluca Roda and Paolo Ruberti will start from row 2 by just 0.018s, with the no83 AF Corse Ferrari of Francois Perrodo and Emmanuel Collard in 4th.
Championship leaders Victor Shaytar and Alesey Basov in the no72 SMP Racing Ferrari 458 will start the race in 5th place ahead of the two Porsches, with the no77 Dempsey Proton Racing 911 ahead of the no88 Abu Dhabi Proton Racing Porsche.
The 6 Hours of Shanghai will start tomorrow morning at 11h00 (local).
CLICK HERE for the results from LMGTE Qualifying
CLICK HERE to watch the qualifying press conference video
- 13:53:24 In GTE Am Aston #98 fastest from Aston #96 and Corvette #50
- 13:51:32 Chequered flag
- 13:51:19 Aston #96 fastest in GTE Am with average of 2:04.858
- 13:50:22 Ferrari #71 now 2nd with average of 2:02.508
- 13:48:28 2:02.243 fastest average for Ferrari #51 and Bruni sets fastest lap of session 2:01.987
- 13:47:18 2:02.289 for Rees fastest individual lap of session
- 13:46:29 2:02.540 average for Aston #99
- 13:45:11 All 2nd drivers now on track
- 13:44:31 2:03.308 average for Porsche #92
- 13:40:35 2:03.484 fastest in GTE Am for Aston #98
- 13:39:40 Second drivers now getting into cars
- 13:38:51 All 13 GTE cars have set a first lap time
- 13:38:10 2:02.500 for Ferrari #51
- 13:37:38 2 factory Porsches warned about track limits
- 13:36:51 2:02.884 for #92 Porsche
- 13:35:28 2:02.823 for Aston #99
- 13:30:45 Green Flag
- 13:30:28 Aston #99 at end of pit lane
- 13:25:54 5 mins to Green flag
- 13:24:04 Track is dry and no rain forecast - 17.6C air temp - 20.0C track temp