LM24 1 Hour Report: Toyota No. 7 leads the field
Below are the main headlines following the first hour of action at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, round 7 of FIA WEC Season 8.
• LMP1 category is led by pole-sitting No. 7 Toyota TS050 Hybrid with Mike Conway at the wheel
• Second and third place occupied by Rebellion Racing No. 1 and 3 Rebellion R13 Gibson cars after a relatively trouble-free opening hour for the Swiss team
• No. 8 Toyota Gazoo Racing car fourth, the car losing time with a rear-left puncture towards the end of the first hour
• ByKolles Racing rounding out the top five
It’s time. The 88th edition of the @24hoursoflemans, the toughest challenge in the world for men, women and machines is underway. Wherever you are watching from, let’s make the most of it all together.#WEC #LeMans24 pic.twitter.com/45G6UnnYtX— WEC (@FIAWEC) September 19, 2020
• No. 97 and No. 95 Aston Martin Racing entries currently first and third in LMGTE Pro
• No. 71 AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTE Evo splitting the Aston Martin Vantage AMR cars with Miguelo Molina holding second after 60 minutes of racing
• Porsche GT Team currently sixth and seventh
• Pole-sitters No. 22 United Autosports leads the 24 LMP2 crews with Filipe Albuquerque currently driving the ORECA 07 Gibson
• No. 33 High Class Racing second after strong opening hour with Kenta Yamashita at the wheel
• Third out of the WEC entrants (and sixth overall) is JOTA on Goodyear tyres
• No. 29 Racing Team Nederland car lost time after it was forced to enter the pits with an over-heating engine
• No. 36 Signatech Alpine Elf entry forced to pit in opening laps due to loss of water pressure but now back on track and climbing the leaderboard
• Ross Gunn leads the LMGTE Am category at the wheel of the No. 98 Aston Martin Racing Vantage
• TF Sport holds second position with Charlie Eastwood in another Aston Martin
• Currently third is Team Project 1 in the Porsche 911 RSR
• Drama after 40 minutes as No. 61 spun, making contract with No. 88 Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche 911 RSR causing it to go off the track
• No. 70 MR Racing dropped down the leaderboard with gearbox issues
Click HERE for information on how you can watch all the action live.
Timing can be found HERE.