Lopez on top again; Ford leads LMGTE Pro
Below are the main stories from this afternoon’s third and final practice session at the Sebring International Raceway. Qualifying up next!
• Jose-Maria Lopez once again sets best overall time in No.7 Toyota TS 050 HYBRID with a 1m41.448s lap in final practice session before qualifying
• Fernando Alonso clocks fastest time of No.8 car to make it a Toyota Gazoo Racing 1-2 at Sebring
• DragonSpeed third as Renger van der Zande sets best lap so far for American team racing on home turf
• Dutch ace peaks on a 1m44.156 to be best non-Hybrid LMP1 runner
• Rebellion Racing place fourth and fifth as No.1 car proves fastest in hands of Mathias Beche
• No.1 R13-Gibson just 0.2 adrift as Gustavo Menezes proves to be quickest of Swiss entered cars on a 1m44.855s lap
• Ford lead LMGTE Pro class with a 1m57.730s lap from Andy Priaulx
• Priaulx survives off-track excursion early in session to lead the way
• Porsche GT Team place second and third with No.92 911 RSR heading No.91 sister car
• Michael Christensen and Gianmaria Bruni set times respectively
• Jackie Chan DC Racing pace LMP2 as Gabriel Aubry peaks on a 1m48.353s lap in No.38 Oreca-Gibson
• Signatech Alpine Matmut second in LMP2 category just over 0.1s in arrears
• Racing Team Nederland Dallara places third with Nyck de Vries lapping in 1m49.028s
• No.77 Dempsey Proton Racing car heads LMGTE Am as Matt Campbell clocks a fastest class lap of 1m58.554s
• No.88 Dempsey Proton Porsche makes it a team 1-2 as Matteo Cairoli sets time
• Paul Dalla Lana suffers accident at final corner as he spins and makes contact with barrier. No.98 Aston Martin Racing car suffers damage and triggers Full Course Yellow period.
Full results can be found here.
Next up is Qualifying which will commence at 9:30 pm local time.