Monza 6H FP1: Pier Guidi fastest for Ferrari; WRT 1-2 in LMP2; AF Corse on top in LMGTE
Below are the main headlines from a hot and humid first free practice session at 6 Hours of Monza, round five of FIA WEC.
- No.51 Ferrari AF Corse 499P sets the pace in first track action at Monza with a best time of 137.533s
- Le Mans winner Alessandro Pier Guidi sets time to delight Tifosi on home soil
- Hertz Team JOTA make impressive early pacesetters at Monza as Yifei Ye laps in 1m37.536s to head the field for the majority of the 90-minute session. But Pier Guidi's late time just beats the gold Porsche by 0.003s
- No.5 Porsche Penske 963 recovers from early stoppage just after the first chicane as Michael Christensen re-starts car and lays down a 1m37.824s best to place third.
- No.7 Toyota Gazoo Racing is fourth with Mike Conway peaking on a 1m37.841s lap
- Oliver Pla places Glickenhaus Racing a strong fifth as last year's pole setter slams in a 1m37.917s lap in 007LMH non-Hybrid challenger
- No.8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar places sixth as Sebastien Buemi completes best lap for category points leaders
- No.50 Ferrari AF Corse 499P is seventh ahead of the No.6 Porsche Penske 963
- No.2 Cadillac Racing entry ends session ninth in first appearance at Monza for the new Cadillac V-Series.R
- Peugeot complete the top ten with the No.94 9X8 as Nico Mueller turns in best lap
- Sister Peugeot TotalEnergies finishes 10th ahead of the Floyd Vanwall non-Hybrid Hypercar
- All-new Proton Competition Porsche 963 is 12 th on its first appearance as car carries out systems checks for majority of session
- No.41 WRT Oreca-Gibson of Louis Deletraz, Rui Andrade and Robert Kubica claim top spot after Kubica sets a 1m40.356 for points leaders
- WRT place 1-2 as the No.31 Oreca-Gibson is just 0.2s adrift of sister car in hands of Ferdinand Habsburg
- Le Mans winners Inter Europol Competition take third position with Albert Costa continuing strong momentum for Polish team
- Alpine Elf Team is fourth with No.36 car. 2021 LMP2 champion Charles Milesi sets time
- Vector Sport and No.22 United Autosports Oreca-Gibson round out top six
- No.54 AF Corse Ferrari leads the way in LMGTE Am category to give Ferrari double cheer as Davide Rigon sets a best lap of 1m47.538s
- No.60 Iron Lynx entry driven by Matteo Cressoni is second just 0.1s off Rigon's category best
- GR Racing place third with Riccardo Pera making it three Italian drivers setting the top three times in LMGTE Am
Click HERE for full results and times.
Free Practice 2 will start at 4:40 pm local time.