Nato’s Silverstone Sensation in FP1
Rebellion Racing led the way in the first track action of FIA WEC Season 8 at Silverstone this afternoon.
Norman Nato scorched to a sensational lap in the No.1 Rebellion Racing R13 Gibson to head the two Toyota Gazoo Racing cars.
James Calado topped the timing screens in LMGTE Pro with the No.51 AF Corse Ferrari 488GTE Evo as three prestige manufacturers filled out the top three positions in class.
The main headlines from FP1 below…
- Norman Nato sets fastest FP1 time with a scorching 1m38.860s lap for Rebellion Racing at Silverstone
- Frenchman’s time late in session eclipses Toyota to set scene for epic first event of season
- Sebastien Buemi had earlier set a quickest lap of 1m39.280s in first live session of season 8 at Silverstone
- No.8 Toyota TS050 HYBRID was second best though to Nato’s late flyer
- No.3 Rebellion Racing R13-Gibson is fourth overall
- Top four covered by just 0.8s!
- Team LNT place fifth as Oliver Jarvis laps in 1m40.618s as Ginetta shows well at home race
- James Calado quickest in LMGTE Pro for AF Corse Ferrari as British ace laps in 1m56.069s in No.51 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo
- Porsche second as No.91 911 RSR is just 0.3s in arrears
- Aston Martin make it three manufacturers in top three positions as No.97 car of Alex Lynn and Maxime Martin sits third
- LMP2 sees United Autosports start maiden WEC campaign well as Filipe Albuquerque claims best time on a 1m43.066s
- Fellow WEC rookies Cool Racing second with reigning champion Nicolas Lapierre 0.3s back
- TF Sport top LMGTE Am class as Jonny Adam sets an early session best of 1m56.611 and is never headed
- No.98 Aston Martin Vantage of Dalla Lana, Turner and Gunn takes second
- Drama in class as No.54 AF Corse Ferrari and Red River Sport Ferrari involved in early session incident
Click HERE to follow the FIA WEC action live