Shanghai FP3: Kobayashi fastest for Toyota; Porsche heads LMGTE Pro class
The main headlines from the third and final practice session at Shanghai, round 3 of FIA WEC.
- Toyota back on top as Kamui Kobayashi sets fastest lap of planned 60-minute session in No.7 Toyota TS050 HYBRID
- Japanese ace sets fastest lap of meeting to date with a 1m47.184s best on very first flying lap of session
- Team LNT continue strong form with second and third positions as No.5 Ginetta heads sister car
- Rebellion Racing fourth quickest with No.1 R13-Gibson setting 1m49.450s lap
- No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing entry only 10th overall is session after team decide not to run qualifying simulation
- Session red-flagged three minutes from the end after collision between Bruno Senna’s Rebellion and No.54 AF Corse Ferrari of Francesco Castellacci at T11 hairpin
- Porsche top the LMGTE Pro times as Michael Christensen sets early session time of 1m58.786s
- No.51 AF Corse Ferrari of James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi second, 0.8s adrift of leading Porsche
- Aston Martin Racing third and fourth as No.95 Vantage heads No.97 machine
- Nyck de Vries sets fastest LMP2 lap so far for Racing Team Nederland with a 1m49.637s best
- Dutch team leads Jackie DC Racing Oreca-Gibson and JOTA entries
- No.56 Team Project 1 Porsche 911 RSR tops LMGTE Am as Matteo Cairoli laps in 2m00.109s
- Second in class is the No.98 Aston Martin Racing entry ahead of the No.88 Dempsey Proton Racing Porsche
For full times from FP3, please click HERE.
Qualifying is scheduled to begin at 14h00 local time.