Some impressive statistics from Spa!
Some days after the TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the opening round of the FIA World Endurance Championship Super Season, and the statistics are in!
With a bumper grid, including 6 of the world’s leading motor manufacturers putting forward factory teams, 34 cars at the start, a two-time F1 World Champion making his endurance racing debut (and winning, of course!), there was much for fans to see, do and experience.
Here are some of the key figures from an amazing weekend:
• In the 7 times the WEC has visited the iconic Spa-Francorchamps track, it has seen 235 entrants exceed a combined 233,000 km (145,000 miles) under racing conditions
• 33,362 km were covered by the 34 competitors who took the start
• 63,000 visited over the 3 days…+3.5% increase compared to 2017
• 2000 visitors experienced a high speed interactive lap of Le Mans in the Dynamic Cinema
• It was the 17th WEC victory for Toyota which now brings the marque equal with Audi and Porsche
• 1st victory for Alonso in the WEC, on his debut, and a first for the Spaniard at Spa since 2000!
• 50th victory in LMP2 for Dunlop
• 19th victory for Portuguese former F1 driver Pedro Lamy, more than any other WEC driver, for Aston Martin Racing in LMGTE Am
• 482 accredited media representing 20 different countries
• 109% increase in unique users to the FIA WEC website of which 13% were Spanish
• +63% increase in downloads for the FIA WEC App
• 791,339 downloads in total since launch
• 1.2M views of the 120” highlights video
• More than 5.8M Twitter impressions over 7 days plus an increase of 2.3% in followers
• Over 9M Facebook impressions over 6 days plus an increase of 3.2% in followers
• 2.3M Instagram impressions over 7 days with an 11% engagement rate (4.2% increase in followers)
• +13.6% YouTube subscribers with over 60 videos published
Next up is the second round of the Super Season and the first of two visits to the world-famous 24 Hours of Le Mans. The statistics from that race will surely tell the tale in 4 weeks.