Stat attack! Season 8 so far… Part 3
With FIA WEC races at Silverstone, Fuji, Shanghai, Bahrain and CoTA already completed, it’s time to review some of the top-line statistics in the championship’s GTE categories.
With thanks to Alex Harrison from @WECData for the below information.
- Ferrari opened 2019/20 with its first GTE Am win since Spirit of Race won at a wet Fuji back in 2017
- Aston Martin Racing No. 95 became just the second GTE Pro car, and first since 2012, to score three wins from the opening five rounds of a season
- In GTE Pro, the first three races saw Porsche > Aston Martin > Ferrari win in that order for only the second time ever. It follows the three rounds which preceded it interestingly - Sebring, Spa and Le Mans.
- Ferrari and Aston Martin maintain their streaks of winning every season – Aston Martin also became the first manufacturer to win in a class every calendar year
- AF Corse scored its 20th win with Ferrari in China
- TF Sport’s three wins this season means Aston Martin Vantages have achieved three or more wins in GTE Am in six of the eight seasons
- 6.5 points splitting AF Corse No. 83, through TF Sport No. 90 back to Aston Martin Racing’s No. 98 crews is the closest-ever gap between the top three in the history of LMGTE Am
- Momentum is a definite factor in Am – seven of the eight WEC seasons have now seen an Am crew score consecutive wins
- After losing its maiden pole position in Fuji, Project1 bounced back to secure third place, followed by second in Shanghai and the car’s first win in Bahrain, in no small part due to Keating’s impressive drive