WRT Fastest in FP1 at Spa; Porsche Top in LMGTE Pro
Robin Frijns leads the field as LMP2 cars star in FP1......
The first track action at the 2022 TotalEnergies 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps witnessed home heroes WRT sit atop the timing screens after an early quick lap by Robin Frijns.
Porsche GT Team leads LMGTE Pro, while Glickenhaus Racing head the Hypercar class. No.46 Project 1 Porsche top in LMGTE Am with Matteo Cairoli fastest in dry and sunny conditions at Spa.
The Headlines after FP1 at Spa:
· Glickenhaus leads the Hypercar class with Romain Dumas setting a best lap of 2m06.233 in distinctive 007LMH challenger
· No.7 Toyota, which was completely built up with a new chassis after Sebring accident, is second as Mike Conway laps in 2m06.976s
· Alpine ELF Team of Nicolas Lapierre, Matthieu Vaxiviere and Andre Negrao place fourth behind the No.8 Toyota
· Ryo Hirakawa stops No.8 Toyota one final lap causing red flag after chequered flag is shown
· Porsche GT Team continues impressive 2022 momentum as Kevin Estre maintains his ‘king of Spa’ reputation with a 2m14.563s lap in No.92 Porsche 911 RSR-19
· Sister No.91 Porsche driven by Richard Lietz and Gimmi Bruni place second 0.3 behind No.92 car
· AF Corse Ferraris are third and fourth as No.51 entry of James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi head No.52 488 GTE Evo of Antonio Fuoco and Miguel Molina
· Corvette Racing fifth as Tommy Milner drives majority of session on his first ever visit to Spa
· WRT head LMP2 category with early flyer from Robin Frijns who sets a 2m05.475s lap in No.31 Oreca Gibson on the teams’ home circuit
· Frijns’ time was fastest overall for majority of session as LMP2 cars place 1-2-3-4 overall
· United Autosports USA second and third as No.22 entry leads No.23 entry as Filipe Albuquerque and Oliver Jarvis set times respectively
· JOTA place fourth with Will Stevens fastest in No.38 car on a 2m05.976s
· Matteo Cairoli sets pace in ultra-competitive LMGTE Am category as Italian is only driver in class to break in to 2m15s bracket with a 2m15.982s in No.46 Team Project 1 Porsche
· TF Sport second as Marco Sorensen sets fastest Aston Martin lap on 2m16.398s in No.33 car he shares with Ben Keating and Henrique Chaves
· However, Ben Keating stops on track to deploy Full Course Yellow period in final 10-minutes of the 90-minute session
· No.56 Team Project 1 Porsche places third in LMGTE Am as Ben Barnicoat peaks on a 2m16.417s lap
· Fourth in class is D’Station Aston Martin sets best lap of 2m16.844s with Charlie Fagg at the wheel
Click HERE for all results