Bahrain FP2: Senna fastest for Rebellion; Aston Martin 1-2 in LMGTE Pro
The main headlines from this evening’s second free practice session at the Bahrain International Circuit for round 4 of FIA WEC.
• Rebellion Racing claim top spot in FP2 as Bruno Senna sets fastest lap of the day with a time of 1m42.471s
• Senna’s time is 1.4s faster than FP1 leading No.5 Team LNT Ginetta which Charlie Robertson took to second place in this evening’s 90-minute session
• Toyota Gazoo Racing sit third and fourth as No.7 Toyota TS050 HYBRID leads No. 8 sister car
• No.6 Team LNT Ginetta misses majority of session after repairs from FP1 issues but places fifth in LMP1 as it is restricted to 10 laps only
• Alex Lynn fastest for No.97 Aston Martin Racing in LMGTE Pro
• Lynn peaks on a 1m55.696s lap to lead sister Aston Martin of Nicki Thiim and Marco Sorensen by 0.5s
• Reigning champion Porsche 911 RSR of Michael Christensen and Kevin Estre takes third
• James Calado stops No.51 AF Corse Ferrari on track in dying moments with apparent technical problem
It’s the end of the second session and we’ve ended the day top of the GTE Pro times. The #97 of @alexlynnracing and @Maxrtin1992 was fastest of all ahead of the #95 with @NickiThiim and @Marco_sorensen. In GTE Am the #98 was P9. pic.twitter.com/5q4inbQDZr— Aston Martin Racing (@AMR_Official) December 12, 2019
• LMP2 sees No.37 Jackie Chan Racing entry set the pace as early session time by Will Stevens of 1m43.882s proves fastest
• Stevens’ time is 0.5s quicker than Jean-Eric Vergne’s time in the G-Drive Racing AURUS 01 car
• Third in LMP2 is the High Class Racing entry driven by Kenta Yamashita, Anders Fjordbach and Mark Patterson
• LMGTE Am sees Matteo Cairoli fastest for Team Project 1 as he takes the Porsche 911 RSR to a best lap of 1m56.510s
• The Italian driver heads No.88 Dempsey-Proton Porsche by 0.7s
• Title leading TF Sport Aston Martin driven by Charlie Eastwood, Jonny Adam and Salih Yoluc places third
The third and final practice session is scheduled to begin at 11h15 local time tomorrow.
Click HERE for the latest times.