Dumas Takes Monza Pole for Glickenhaus; Ferrari Blast to Home LMGTE Pro Pole
Romain Dumas takes Glickenhaus' second pole of the season at Monza....
Romain Dumas took Glickenhaus’ second pole position of the season at Monza this evening after a sensational lap in the No.708 007 LMH Hypercar.
Dumas scorched around the temple of speed to set a 1m35.416s lap and crush the opposition by almost a second.
Toyota will start alongside the Glickenhaus on the front-row of the grid after Brendon Hartley posted a 1m36.335s lap just before the red flags flew. This was because Mikkel Jensen was forced to stop the No.93 Peugeot TotalEnergies 9X8 on track.
The tifosi rejoiced in AF Corse Ferrari taking pole position in LMGTE Pro as Alessandro Pier Guidi headed a tight battle for top spot. The reigning champion just shaded the Corvette Racing entry driven by Nick Tandy.
Filipe Albuquerque claimed pole position in LMP2 for United Autosports to banish the memory of 2021 when the No.22 just lost on pole.
Sarah Bovy wrote a little bit of history by becoming the first female driver to take a pole position in WEC. She set a sensational lap in the Iron Dames Ferrari to take the top spot ahead of Ben Keating’s TF Sport Aston Martin.
The Headlines from Qualifying at Monza.....
· Glickenhaus on top in Hypercar as Romain Dumas seals pole position
· Dumas laps in a 1m35.416s in Glickenhaus 007LMH after sensational lap in American entered Hypercar
· No.8 Toyota GR010 takes second place as Brendon Hartley laps in 1m36.335s
· Third is the No.36 Alpine Team ELF entry as Nicolas Lapierre makes it three different manufacturers in top three positions
· Toyota also places fourth as Kamui Kobayashi qualifies the No.7 Toyota GR010-Hybrid Hypercar
· Peugeot TotalEnergies duo are fifth and sixth as No.94 heads No.94 9X8
· But No.93 9X8 hits trouble and stops between Lesmo corners triggering red flag
· AF Corse Ferrari take pole on home soil as Alessandro Pier Guidi claims pole position in No.51 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo
· Reigning champion sets a 1m45.270s lap to outpaces Corvette Racing by just 0.054s as Nick Tandy splits Ferraris on final lap of qualifying
· No.52 AF Corse Ferrari driven by Antonio Fuoco is third and is knocked off front-row of LMGTE Pro grid on final lap by 0.004s!
· Top three covered by a mere 0.058s!
· No.91 Porsche places fourth ahead of No.92 Porsche 911 RSR-19
· United Autosports USA car of Filipe Albuquerque takes pole position on a 1m38.403s lap
· Portuguese ace eclipses surprise package ARC Bratislava entry driven by Mathias Beche
· ARC Bratislava also take Pro/Am honours
· Ferdinand Habsburg is third for Realteam by WRT as top three are covered by just 0.37s
· Iron Dames take first ever pole with a sensational lap completed by Sarah Bovy as she claims last gasp pole
· Bovy becomes first female driver to take a WEC class pole position with a lap of 1m47.431s
· She beats Ben Keating in the TF Sport Aston Martin who led most of the session
· Christian Reid takes third position in No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche
Click HERE for results