FP3 Bahrain: Toyota tops the times in the wet; LMGTE Pro sees Ferrari in front
Below are the main headlines from the final free practice session at a wet Bahrain International Circuit this morning.
• Toyota Gazoo Racing’s Brendon Hartley registers a 1m44.285s lap in the first ever wet session held at WEC race in Bahrain
• Kiwi laps in No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing LMP1 Hybrid 0.1s faster than Ben Hanley in the No.5 Team LNT Ginetta-AER
• Heavier rainfall in second part of 60-minute session means times set early count the most
• No.6 Team Ginetta is third in LMP1 class as Chris Dyson gets first meaningful running as he returns to the WEC for the first time since 2013
• Rebellion Racing place fourth ahead of second No.7 Toyota TS 050 Hybrid entry
• Ferrari becomes third manufacturer to head a session this week in LMGTE Pro as No.71 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo driven by Davide Rigon sets a best lap of 1m56.095
• Rigon’s time is 0.2s ahead of No.95 Aston Martin Vantage, while second No.51 AF Corse Ferrari of James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi places third
• In final minutes, Calado stops on track for second time in successive sessions
• United Autosports pace LMP2 as Phil Hanson’s early session lap of 1m45.970s leads the ultra-competitive category
• Hanson’s time is good enough for third overall on the timing screens and is 0.1s faster than Jackie Chan DC Racing driver Will Stevens
• JOTA ORECA-Gibson driven by Anthony Davidson, Antonio Felix da Costa and Roberto Gonzalez posts third quickest time
• Cool Racing join session for final 20-minutes after curing technical problem and place fourth
• In LMGTE Am Ben Barker sets the fastest lap with a 1m57.680s for Gulf Racing Porsche
• Barker out-paces No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche and No.98 Aston Martin Racing entries
• Top three in class covered by just 0.138s!
Qualifying for the Bapco 8 Hours of Bahrain is scheduled to begin at 16h40 local time as dusk falls over the circuit.
Forecast for dry and sunny weather later this afternoon
For all the latest times from FP3, click HERE.