No.7 Toyota claims Pole for Total 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
The Headlines from LMP Qualifying for the Total 6 Hours of Spa Francorchamps
• Toyota Gazoo Racing start from front row of grid for Total 6 Hours of Spa
• Kamui Kobayashi and Mike Conway combine to set average of 1m54.488s to grab pole position in No.7 car
• Kobayashi sets outright quickest lap on 1m54.488s to seal first Toyota pole at Spa
• No.8 Toyota TS050-HYBRID places second as Fernando Alonso and Kazuki Nakajima lap 0.379s off sister car
• No.1 Rebellion Racing Rebellion R13-Gibson is third as Neel Jani and Bruno Senna finish as best non-Hybrid entry
• No.3 Rebellion car of Gustavo Menezes and Thomas Laurent starts fourth
• Session interrupted by two red flags. The first for the No.17 SMP Racing BR Engineering BR1-AER which stopped on track with a technical problem. Car will start from rear of grid.
• Second red flag caused by accident to DragonSpeed entry driven by Pietro Fittipaldi at Eau Rouge.
• Session delayed by 40-minutes as Fittipaldi receives medical attention for suspected leg fractures
• Brazilian transported to Liege hospital. Condition is not life-threatening
• Signatech Alpine Matmut grabs pole in LMP2 as Nicolas Lapierre and Pierre Thiriet combine for average of 2m02.405s
• 2016 champions are 0.1s ahead of G-Drive Racing car driven by Jean-Eric Vergne and Andrea Pizzitola
• No.38 Jackie Chan DC Racing LMP2 car of Ho-Pin Tung and Gabriel Aubry will start third
The opening round of the FIA WEC Super Season begins tomorrow at 13h30 (local time) and it will be preceded by a pit walk and autograph session beginning at 10h00.
Results from qualifying can be found HERE