Porsche continues to hold advantage as 6H Nurburgring enters final 90 minutes
- No.1 Porsche 919 Hybrid takes over the lead after late race drama with 1hr50mins remaining after incident between Marc Lieb and No.88 Abu-Dhabi Proton Porsche sees damage to No.2 Porsche.
- Fourth Full Course Yellow called to retrieve stranded LMGTE Am car sees frontrunners pit and No.2 Porsche takes fresh front bodywork and loses lead to Mark Webber driven No.1 car.
- Gap between top three just 12-seconds as FIA WEC thrills large 58,000 crowd over weekend.
- No.8 Audi R18 driven by Loic Duval is third ahead of No.7 R18 driven by Andre Lotterer.
- No.13 Rebellion Racing loses lead in LMP1 Privateer class after losing time with problem. No.12 car driven Nick Heidfeld takes over lead.
- No.36 Signatech Alpine continues in LMP2 lead with Nicolas Lapierre ten seconds ahead of Filipe Albuquerque’s RGR Sports Ligier
- LMGTE Pro category as close as ever with James Calado in No.51 AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTE leading No.95 Aston Martin Racing with Marco Sorenson aboard
- No.71 AF Corse Ferrari is third ahead of No.66 Ford Chip Ganassi Team UK car. Top four in LMGTE Pro covered by just 24 seconds
- Mathias Lauda remains in lead of LMGTE Am category in No.98 Aston Martin with 11-second buffer over KCMG Porsche 911 RSR.
Race facts after 240 minutes:
17:26:14 Green Flag
17:21:20 11 minute stop for Rebellion #13 drops to 11th overall
17:19:18 Porsche #1 leads after nose change for Porsche #2
17:18:35 Duval in Audi #8
17:17:51 Jani into Porsche #2
17:17:03 Webber into Porsche #1
17:16:32 All leaders into the pits
17:15:56 Front right damage to Porsche #2
17:15:11 Full Course Yellow
17:12:54 Porsche #88 into gravel after contact with Porsche #2
17:08:15 Ford #66 retakes the lead in GTE Pro after stop for #71 Ferrari
17:02:11 Aston #95 pits - Ferrari #71 takes the lead
16:59:59 GTE Pro Leader #51 pits - #95 Aston takes lead
16:45:54 Toyota #6 had loose engine part
16:45:17 Liger #26 confirmed a retirement by Alex Brundle
16:44:03 Toyota #6 back out after 5.27 minute stop - Kobayashi in
16:39:37 Toyota #6 pushed into garage
16:38:40 Toyota #6 into pits
16:36:00 20 second time penalty for #83 Ferrari for speeding under FCY
16:30:09 No work being done on #26 Ligier - looks like a retirement
16:25:42 Bruni in #51 takes lead in GTE Pro
16:22:50 Green Flag
16:20:59 Both Audis & both Toyotas pit
16:20:24 Hartley in #1
16:19:52 Porsches #1 & #2 both in pits - Lieb in #2
16:18:35 Smoke coming from CLM #4
16:15:23 Full Course Yellow
16:15:08 Mucke stops from the lead of GTE Pro
16:14:19 CLM #4 has stopped at Turn 4
16:05:48 Ford #66 leads GTE Pro by 49 seconds but is due to stop
16:00:19 Alpine #36 takes lead in P2