Porsche on pole in Mexico; Alpine seals top spot in LMP2
Brendon Hartley set the outright fastest lap of a mixed conditions qualifying session in Mexico today to lay the foundations for the No.2 Porsche 919 Hybrid's bid for success in the 6 Hours of Mexico Presented by AT&T.
Brendon Hartley set the outright fastest lap of a qualifying session held under mixed conditions in Mexico today to lay the foundations for the No.2 Porsche 919 Hybrid’s first pole position of the 2017 FIA World Endurance championship season.
The Kiwi ace peaked on a 1m24.459s before handing over to teammate Timo Bernhard who consolidated the pole with an average lap time of 1m24.562s. It will be a Porsche front row as André Lotterer and Nick Tandy combined to achieve the German marque's first front row of the season.
Toyota will start the 6 Hours of Mexico presented by AT&T in third and fourth positions, while in LMP2 the Signatech Alpine pair of Andre Negrao and Nicolas Lapierre ensured Les Bleues' first pole of the season.
• Brendon Hartley and Timo Bernhard combined to take pole position in the No.2 Porsche 919 Hybrid
• The Kiwi/German axis set an average of 1m24.562s to claim their first pole of the 2017 season
• Nick Tandy and Andre Lotterer join the No.2 Porsche on the front row and set an average time just 0.148s behind their stablemates
• Toyota line up third and fourth with No.7 ahead of No.8 TS 0505 HYBRID
• LMP2 pole taken by Signatech Alpine of Andre Negrao and Nicolas Lapierre
• Les Bleues confirm their first pole of 2017 season as average of 1m32.809s is 0.3s clear of opposition
• Late time by Ho-Pin Tung pushes up No.38 Jackie Chan DC Racing car to second position on grid. Thomas Laurent also qualified.
• Bruno Senna and Julien Canal complete top three in LMP2 class
For all the times from qualifying CLICK HERE. Tomorrow’s 6 Hours of Mexico, the fifth round of the 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship, will start at 12 noon (local time). To follow all the action go to the FIAWEC App, or check your local TV coverage via our guide HERE