Toyota quickest in FP2; Ferrari on top again in LMGTE Pro
Kamui Kobayashi set the fastest lap of the day as he swept to top spot with a 1m36.847s lap at Silverstone in Free Practice 2 this afternoon.
Toyota placed 1-2 as the No.8 Toyota TS050 HYBRID headed the two Rebellion R13-Gibson LMP1 cars.
The No.51 AF Corse Ferrari stayed on top of the LMGTE Pro class as Alessandro Pier Guidi set the pace for the Prancing Horse.
Below are the main headlines from FP2 at Silverstone:
• Toyota place 1-2 in FP2 at Silverstone as Kamui Kobayashi sets best time in No.7 Toyota TS050 HYBRID
• Japanese ace peaks on a 1m36.847s lap to head No.8 car driven by Brendon Hartley, Sebastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima by 0.8s
• Kobayashi’s time two seconds faster than FP1 pace earlier in day
• FP1 leader Rebellion Racing finish 90-minute session third and fourth
• No.1 Rebellion R13-Gibson heads sister model by 0.8 seconds
• Team LNT fifth and sixth as No.5 Ginetta G60-LT-P1-AER leads No.6
• No.5 Ginetta driven by Ben Hanley, Charlie Robertson and Egor Orudzhev fights back from electrical issue from FP1
• Ferrari lead in LMGTE Pro as Alessandro Pier Guidi’s early session time keeps No.51 top of timing screens
• Late time from Richard Lietz in No.91 911 RSR claims second place for Porsche
• Stablemates Davide Rigon and Miguel Molina round out the top three
• No.71 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo though takes 5-minute stop/go penalty in session for constant track limit violations
• Reigning champions Porsche GT team fourth in class with No.92 of Michael Christensen and Kevin Estre just 0.029s off second placed Ferrari
• United Autosports stays top in LMP2 as Paul di Resta peaks on a 1m43.059s time in their new ORECA-Gibson
• High Class Racing make it a 1-2 for new WEC teams in LMP2 despite losing 30mins due to penalty being applied for late notification of testing at Silverstone within 30 days of event
• Racing Team Nederland third in class as top three covered by a mere 0.2s
• LMGTE Am witnesses Aston Martin Racing on top as Ross Gunn sets a best time of 1m56.463s in No.98 Aston Martin Vantage
• Aston 1-2 as TF Sport continue to show good pace
• Team Project 1 third after late driver change sees David Kolkmann set to replace David Heinemeier-Hansson who awaits birth of baby at home!
Full results can be found HERE.
The final Free Practice session is scheduled for 09h00 tomorrow (Saturday) morning.