Toyota Top Again in FP4; Corvette Hold 1-2 in LMGTE Pro
Jose-Maria Lopez sets fastest time in final free practice session at Le Mans....
The final running before the 90th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend took place on Friday evening with two hours of night-time free practice.
The No.7 Toyota Gazoo Racing GR010 Hybrid Hypercar headed the pole sitting No.8 GR010 Hybrid Hypercar by 0.3s as teams prepared by running long run stints.
In LMGTE Pro Corvette again lead the way in formation 1-2, while in LMP2 the No.23 United Autosports USA car ends session quickest.
LMGTE Am honours go to the No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche driven by Harry Tincknell, Sebastien Priaulx and Christian Ried.
The Headlines from the 90th 24 Hours of Le Mans Free Practice 4
· Jose-Maria Lopez set the fastest time of the session with a 3m28.322s, the Argentinian completed one full stint at the wheel during the final free practice session
· No.8 Toyota laps 0.362s in arrears as Sebastien Buemi claims best time for polesitters on a 3m28.684s
· Third position goes to the No.708 Glickenhaus 007LMH which heads the No.709 Glickenhaus in fourth as the popular American gets set to take part in second Le Mans 24 Hours and aims to better last year’s fourth position.
· Alpine ELF Team trio of Andre Negrao, Nicolas Lapierre and Matthieu Vaxiviere finish session in fifth position on a time of 3m31.039s
· Corvette Racing ahead once again in LMGTE Pro with Nicky Catsburg setting best lap of 3m52.710s in No.63 Chevrolet Corvette
· Corvette Racing 1-2 in FP4 as well as Hyperpole session with No.64 Chevrolet Corvette driven by Nick Tandy, Alexander Sims and Tommy Milner just 0.021s adrift of sister car
· Porsche third and fourth as No.91 leads No.92 911 RSR-19 Porsche GT Team cars
· AF Corse place fifth and sixth with No.52 heading No.51 by 0.2s
· No.23 United Autosports USA car fastest in LMP2 as Oliver Jarvis sets the pace on a 3m32.226s best
· British ace heads the No.65 Panis Racing entry which makes first appearance in top six so far as Job van Uitert peaks on a 3m32.422s lap
· No.28 JOTA car shared by Ed Jones, Oliver Rasmussen and Jonathan Aberdein places third
· Prema Orlen Oreca-Gibson is fourth and splits JOTA pair as No.38 car rounds out top five
· No.47 Algarve Pro Racing entry is quickest Pro/Am division runner with John Falb, Jack Aitken and Sophia Floersch all getting track time
· Harry Tincknell ensures that the No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche leads LMGTE Am as twice Le Mans class winner stops clocks on a 3m55.067s
· That time is 0.196s faster than the No.88 Dempsey Proton entry shared by Maxwell Root, Fred Poddard and Jan Heylen
· No.61 AF Corse Ferrari claims third position but the LMGTE Am pole sitting car stops on track in the final moments of session and is towed to safety close to the start and finish line
Click HERE for all results