Conway/Lopez claim pole for 6 Hours of Silverstone
Mike Conway sets the quickest time in qualifying to set-up pole for No.7 Toyota...
The Headlines from LMP Qualifying...
• Mike Conway and José Maria Lopez claim pole position for 6 Hours of Silverstone in No.7 Toyota TS050 HYBRID
• Conway sets fastest overall lap of 1m36.769s as he and Lopez combine to average 1m36.895s
• Toyota 1-2 on grid as No.8 Toyota sets average of 1m37.306s with Fernando Alonso and Kazuki Nakajima
• Nakajima sees one of his laps deleted for abusing track limits
• SMP Racing place third with No.11 BR1-AER
• Jenson Button qualifies No.11 with Vitaly Petrov and will start third for his first non-F1 race at Silverstone since 1999!
• No.17 SMP Racing car fourth after late lap from Egor Orudzhev
• Rebellion Racing fifth and sixth as No.3 outpaces No.1 Rebellion R13-Gibson which was rebuilt from practice accident
- LMP2 pole position won by No.37 Jackie Chan DC Racing pair of Jazeman Jaafar and Nabil Jeffri
- Jaafar sets best overall lap of 1m44.732s and the Malaysian pair average 1m44.896s
- Just 0.1s separates first and second in LMP2 as No.38 Jackie Chan DC Racing car is second
- Third in class is title leading Signatech Alpine as Lapierre and Thiriet combine
- Session red flagged with 5-minutes remaining after spin for Fritz Van Eerd in Racing Team Nederland Dallara
All qualifying times can be found HERE